Lighthouse Property Management is an equal opportunity housing provider. Lighthouse does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or familial status.
Each resident over the age of 18 must submit a separate rental application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Please be prepared to pay the non-refundable application fee of $35 per adult as outlined in the property listing.
A valid form of identification and proof of income can be uploaded to the application.
3 years of rental history, as well as contact information for your rental references, must be provided.
Security Deposit must be received within 24 hours of approval.
Applicant must accept terms of “application fee disclosure statement.
The following criteria will be used to screen applicants for the rental unit at all properties managed by Lighthouse Property Management.
All units are non-smoking units. Marijuana may not be smoked in or grown at this unit. All leases/tenants at this property must abide by the lease and any rules as published, provided or posted. All applicants that are required to sign the lease must pass the following screening criteria.
- Information provided on the application must be complete and accurate.
- Information provided on the application must be truthful and not falsified.
- Supporting documentation provided, e.g. check stubs, tax return forms, copies of social security cards, etc. must not be fraudulent.
- The social security number provided by the applicant must match the social security number on file with credit bureaus.
- The applicant’s birth date must match the birth date on file with the credit bureau and criminal background screening services.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or emancipated by a court of law.
- The applicant must have a monthly take home pay plus other legal and verifiable income via paystubs, tax returns, etc. equal to or greater than 2.5 times the monthly rent.
- The applicant’s income must be lawful and verifiable.
- The applicant must have held consistent and verifiable lawful employment over the past 3 months or receive a verifiable fixed lawful income such as SSI or pension.
- The applicant must not have unpaid debt collections, excluding medical or educational collections, greater than $500 within the past 12 months.
- The applicant must not have a bankruptcy, excluding dismissed or discharged bankruptcies.
- The applicant must not have any past due payments exceeding 30 days for personal credit, including but not limited to car loans, credit cards, personal lines or credit, trade accounts, utility companies, etc. *application will be put on hold, if proof is required.
- The applicant must not have more than $2,500 in garnishments within the past 60 months.
- The applicant must not have any repossessions or money judgments within the past 18 months.
- The applicant must not have any unpaid or past due utility bills, excluding telecommunication in the past 12 months.
- The applicant must not owe a previous landlord/lessor for past due utilities.
- The applicant must be able to get all utilities in their name.
- Applicants will be denied tenancy if they have been convicted of any of the following crimes:
- Check forgery or related crime
- Child pornography
- Applicants will be denied tenancy if they have been convicted of any of the following crimes within the past 10 years:
- Endangering children
- Narcotics activity
- Gang or related activity
- Probation or PPO violation
- Applicants will be denied tenancy if they have been convicted of any of the following crimes within the past 5 years
- Prostitution or prostitute solicitation
- Fraud, including ID theft
- Receiving or possessing stolen property
- Disorderly conduct
- Drunk driving
- Applicants will be denied tenancy if they have been convicted of any of the following crimes within the past year:
- Environmental crimes
- Marijuana offenses
- Corruption of minors
- Mischief, including property damage
Rental history and evictions
- Applicant must not have been evicted within the past 3 years.
- The applicant’s current/previous landlord(s) will return or has returned a portion of the applicants security deposit.
- The applicant’s current/previous landlord(s) would enter into another lease with the applicant.
No apartment with a shared entrance or where lawn care/snow removal is provided will allow a dog. For a house, duplex or condo where a dog is accepted, the breed cannot be a pit bull. Other restrictions such as size and number will depend on the property owner’s own restrictions.
Cats are negotiable depending on property owner’s restrictions. Cat must be declawed and spayed/neutered. No more than 2 cats will be allowed.
There will be an additional monthly fee of $25 and renters insurance that covers pet damage is required.
DISCLOSURE OF AGENCY:
Michigan law requires real estate licensees who are acting as agents of Property Owners (Sellers) or Tenants (Buyers) of real property to advise the potential owners or tenants with whom they work of the nature of their agency relationship. LIGHTHOUSE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT IS AN OWNER’S (LANDLORD’S) AGENT. An owner’s agent, under an agreement with the owner, acts solely on behalf of the owner. An owner can authorize an owner’s agent to work with subagents, tenant’s agents and/or transaction coordinators. A subagent of the owner is one who has agreed to work with the listing agent, and who, like the listing agent, acts solely on behalf of the owner. Owner’s agents and their subagents will disclose to the owner known information about the tenant which may be used to the benefit of the owner.